Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:25:30 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Transparent packet diversion: Where is it?

Hi!

I recently wrote a small program which utilizes one divert socket and
one udp socket to implement IP-over-IP tunneling.

1. It has a bug: the IP checksum only valid for packets without IP options.
   This is due to recalculating checksum using in_cksum_hdr().
2. It lacks crypto-module, I'm planning to implement it soon.
3. You should specify the ``out'' keyword of the ipfw rule if you want your
   packets to be processed by the redirection-host itself (thus, TTL--).

Any feedback will be much appreciated!

You can download it from

		http://www.ucb.crimea.ua/~ru/FreeBSD/iptunnel/

On Wed, Jun 03, 1998 at 04:44:27PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> A month or so ago, someone announced a package that
> did redirection of packets to arbitrary places.
>

> I remember the comment
> "it's wierd seeing all those foreign adresses in the netstat listing".
>
> kind of like the Linux transproxy code I guess.
>
> if ANYONE has a pointer to that code I'd apreciate it.
> I've done every search I can think of on the mail archives..
>
> julian

Regards,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          System Administrator
ru@ucb.crimea.ua        United Commercial Bank