Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:33:29 +0300
From:      Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
To:        Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Update of xorg libraries and MESA

Niclas Zeising wrote:
>> xorg-server now has the possibility to use devd instead of hal for
>> autoconfiguration.

This is pretty great, and very much appreciated. I do have questions
though; reading the code it seems that:

1) 'usb_id' is always NULL, so 'MatchUSBID' directive in xorg.conf won't
work;

2) 'vendor' and 'product' will be determined from 'dev.x.x.%desc' sysctl
by splitting on the first space, so for example my USB tablet, which has
%desc equal to "WALTOP International Corp. Slim Tablet" will have vendor
"WALTOP" and product "International Corp. Slim Tablet" -- so those are
the strings I should use in 'MatchVendor' and 'MatchProduct';

3) if 'devd' is restarted while Xorg is running, further hardware
changes will not be reported to Xorg.

Can you confirm I'm reading this right? If so, are there any plans to
improving these points?