Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:14:22 -0500
From:      Hurf Sheldon <hurf@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.2 stable SCSI errors

Hi Folks,
We are getting "Queuing a BDR SCB" errors and then related
problems trying to access a DLT tape library via `amlabel`
or `chio` (which `amlabel` uses). It seems to be
related to wait-states as acessing the first 6 slots never
causes an error - slots 7+ do - the library seems to take longer
to seat the cartridges as it homes each time before shopping
for a cartridge. The drive works fine on an HPUX system.
We've gone into the SCSI card and reset the tranfer rate to 10mb/s.
I looked for some notes re: this and the only reference I found
was re: dual CPU interrpts; we are using a dual PII system. As
I write this a single cpu kernal is being built that we will
try. Should we try a single cpu motherboard system or?

System description:
System 4.2 stable (cvsup 12/10/00)
Dual 266mhz PII, PB2-D ASUS MB,
Adaptec 3940 card
Overland 4000 DLT tape library

 thanks,
hurf
--
     Hurf Sheldon, Dir. Research Systems  email:
hurf@graphics.cornell.edu