Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2014 00:32:48 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joel Dahl <joel@vnode.se>
Cc:        Thomas Hoffmann <trh411@gmail.com>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libelf.so.1 missing after -CURRENT update

--HxQt9wRz9wbL5Edg

On Sat, Feb 01, 2014 at 09:55:07PM +0100, Joel Dahl wrote:
>=20
> 1 feb 2014 kl. 21:52 skrev Thomas Hoffmann <trh411@gmail.com>:
>=20
> > Did my weekly update of -CURRENT today to r261350 from r261236. After t=
he
> > upgrade when I tried to run 'pkg' I got the error:
> >=20
> > libelf.so.1 required by libpkg.so.1
> >=20
> > So, I reinstalled 'pkg', which fixed the problem. Then I ran pkg_libchk=
> > see if any other libs were missing and got:
> >=20
> > glib -2.36.3_1: /usr/local/bin/gresource misses libelf.so.1
> >=20
> > So i re-installed glib and re-ran pkg_libchk against it. No more missing
> > libelf.so.1.
> >=20
> > Anyway, I'm wondering if I inadvertently deleted libelf.so.1 during the
> > 'make delete-old' or 'make delete-old-libs' steps of the rebuild.
> > Unfortunately, these are the only two steps of the build process
> > (mergemaster excepted) that I do not 'script' the output, so I cannot go
> > back to see if that is the case. Obviously I need to begin "script'ing
> > these two steps on future builds.
> >=20
> > Anyone else seen this or that can confirm an inadvertent delete of
> > libelf.so.1 on my part?
>=20
> I=E2=80=99m seeing the same thing.

pkg is also linked to libelf.so.1 so to have it working you should use
pkg-static, waiting for the next builds on the clusters.o

We needs to update the jails of the cluster to reflect that change.

As a reminder for committers, before breaking any abi, Always warn portmgr =
about
it so we can prepare the cluter to build packages on the new ABI!

regards,
Bapt

--HxQt9wRz9wbL5Edg

--HxQt9wRz9wbL5Edg--