Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:08:47 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Aurelien Nephtali <aurelien.nephtali@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radeon + DRM error with Xorg 6.8.1

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 11:30 +0100, Aurelien Nephtali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the new Xorg version (6.8.1) I got these errors while starting :
>
> error: [drm:pid551:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without
> lock held
> error: [drm:pid551:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 551 using kernel context 0
>
> X works fine but it seems there are errors somewhere... I'm just reporting !
> My card is a ATI Radeon Mobility IGP340M (supported by Xorg).

You need AGP support in order to use the DRI with that chipset, and
that's the obscure error you get if you don't have it.  I've posted an
attempt at an AGP driver for that chipset at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/75251
As I don't have the hardware myself, expect it to not work, and to have
to fix it yourself if it doesn't.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org