Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:46:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        felix.schalck@gmx.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cardbus not working

In message: <45B6300F.6040302@gmx.net>
            "felix.schalck" <felix.schalck@gmx.net> writes:
: Hi,
:
: I posted this to freebsd-questions first, 'cause I didn't remember there
: was a freebsd-mobile mailing list :)... Sorry if you get this mail twice.
:
: Here is my problem:
: I'm trying to get a WLAN pcmcia card working on freebsd 6.2. Kernel with
: cardbus support compiled fine, but when the card is inserted, i get:
:
: Status is 0x30000086
: Status is 0x30000820
: cbb0: card inserted: event=0x00000000, state=30000820
: cbb0: cbb_power: 3V
: cbb0: cbb_power: 0V
:
: Dmesg shows:
:
: cbb0: <ENE CB1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 7.0 on pci2
: cbb0: Found memory at e0202000
: cbb0: Secondary bus is 2

secondary bus 2 on bus 2 is the problem, I think.

: cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
: pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
:
: Any ideas ? What are my possibilities/chances to get it work ?

What kind of computer do you have?  I have one that I need to 'hack'
to get working.  It is a Toshiba Satellite of recent vintage.  Its
pcib2 has pci2 as a child, and my cbb device is on pci2 like yours.
It's subordinate bus numbers are wrong on pcib2:

% pciconf -l | grep pcib2
pcib2@pci0:20:4: class=0x060401 card=0x00000000 chip=0x43421002
	rev=0x00 hdr=0x01
% pciconf -r pci0:20:4 0x18
20020200
%

This means that the attempt to kludge around this in the cbb driver
fails:

cbb0: Secondary bus is 0
cbb0: Secondary bus set to 3 subbus 4

because the config cycles aren't making it through.  I hacked my
pci_pci.c code to smack a 0xff into offset 0x1b for unit 2, but that's
evil.  It may be necessary for you to do as well until I resolve this
issue.

To see if you need to further update cbb, please send the output of:
	% sysctl dev.cbb
to me.  On my machine it says:

dev.cbb.0.%desc: TI1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge
dev.cbb.0.%driver: cbb
dev.cbb.0.%location: slot=6 function=0
dev.cbb.0.%pnpinfo: vendor=0x104c device=0xac50 subvendor=0x1179 subdevice=0xff10 class=0x060700
dev.cbb.0.%parent: pci2
dev.cbb.0.pribus: 2
dev.cbb.0.secbus: 3
dev.cbb.0.subbus: 4