Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:14:36 -0700
From:      Joao Pedras <jpedras@webvolution.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic after update

Hi all,

After going over the usual steps to update my laptop (thinkpad A31) to today's -stable I get
a kernel panic when booting the new kernel. I didn't change anything in the kernel
config or anywhere else for that matter. This laptop has been running sucessfully several
versions of -stable over the last year.

buildworld, buildkernel and friends were 100% sucessfull.

Any insight into this matter is appreciatted.

Here is the output:

apm0: <APM BIOS> on motherboard
Kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
fault virtual address		= 0x36
fault code			= supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer		= 0x8:0xc025b240
stack pointer			= 0x10:0xc0436d6e
frame pointer			= 0x10:0xc0436e0e
code segment			= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
				= DPL 0, pres 1, def 32 1, gran 1
processor eflags		= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process 		= 0 (swapper)
interrupt mask			= net tty bio com
trap number			= 12
panic: page fault