Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:07:08 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Dmitry Dyomin <bt@old.com.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BT LAN connection with Symbian phones

Dmitry,

> I'm trying to connect my SE p900 to LAN via rfcomm_pppd.
> And I'm stuck upon a pack of 'Magic is same' errors I'm getting on
> the following command:
>
> rfcomm_pppd -S -a 0ld -C 7 -l rfcomm-server -u 1

i'm going to assume that you would like to make your freebsd machine act
as a server, i.e. bluetooth access point. if this is the case then you
have to run rfcomm_pppd(8) in _server_ mode, i.e. you need to add '-s'
(lower case s) to the rfcomm_pppd(8) command like. the '-S' (upper case
s) makes rfcomm_pppd(8) to register SP (Serial Port) service in _server_
mode.

i'm also going to assume that you are using gnubox application on your
p900 phone to dial out. you need to use 2box direct mode. keep in mind
that rfcomm_pppd(8) in server mode will not dial out. it will wait for
the client to dial in. in other words you have to initiate connection
from your phone.

also keep in mind that sdpd(8) has to be running, otherwise
rfcomm_pppd(8) can not register services and will fail to run.

thanks,
max