Date:      Thu, 03 Nov 2011 00:14:10 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        noc@hdk5.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mail list debug - Was Re: How to remove ACPI from boot ?

Al Plant wrote:
> ## Please copy me directly as I cant get messages on the list for some
> reason. Any one know who I can email about whats blocking the FreeBSD
> list? ##

It's downstream from freebsd.org toward you then, so suggestions:
1)
Ask your own
	postmaster@hdk5.net
Point them at eg
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2011-November/234989.html
Which proves everyone else is getting your mail that you are not.

2)
We have a test list you / your postmaster@ can subscribe to
send test messages:

3)
Subscribe from some other domain

4)
If postmaster@freebsd.org has time to answer a request from you,
he might be able to tell you if mail to your subscribed address
might be part of a block forwarding to another SMTP relay
	( & your recipient SMTP might have that relay blocked ?
	Remember to declare if eg you might be receiving Elsewhere@
	& forwarding to @hdk5.net, & perhaps with a 2nd subscribtion
	of @hdk5.net for outgoing, in that case the Elsewhere might
	have falsely black listed @freebsd.org (or a downstream
	relay) as eg a spammer (innocent domains occasionaly
	accidentaly &/or maliciously get listed as spam domains)

5)
Ask your postmaster@ if freebsd.org or any intermediate relay (See #4)
Might be listed in the RBL (Automated Domain Spam Black Lists) that about a
dozen different organsiations offer)	Ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNSBL

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.