Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 1996 09:55:30 -0500
From:      dh2@netwalk.com (Randall Hopper)
To:        harpo@javanet.com (John D. Szumowski)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: color xterm oddity...

Randall Hopper:
 |John D. Szumowski:
 | |i just installed the color_xterm package this evening. the only problem
 | |is that my Xaw3d scrollbars are no longer...they have been replaced by
 | |the cheezy stock scrollbars. what do i need to do to get them back? i
 | |tried running ldconfig in the /usr/X11/lib dir and rebooting, but no
 | |luck.
 |
 |Pull the color_xterm port, build it, and then replace "-lXaw" in the LIBS
 |variable in the Makefile with "-lXaw3d", remove the executable, and kick
 |off another "make".

One other thing.  This assumes you have compatible versions of Xaw and
Xaw3d installed.  Just to be safe, edit the few files including Xaw header
files (main.c, menu.c, scrollbar.c) and replace Xaw include refs
(X11/Xaw/...) with Xaw3d refs.  E.g. change:

    #include <X11/Xaw/SimpleMenu.h>
with:
    #include <X11/Xaw3d/SimpleMenu.h>

Then "make".