Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 15:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike <Mike@perlguru.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSH in 4.1 RELEASE for NonUS users

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Mike wrote:

> Jul 29 17:26:09 gateway sshd[1239]: ** RSAPrivateDecrypt: Unable to find an
> RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so). Install the
> /usr/ports/security/rsaref port or package and run this program again. See
> the OpenSSL chapter in the FreeBSD Handbook, located at
> http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/openssl.html, for more information.
> Jul 29 17:26:09 gateway sshd[1239]: fatal: rsa_private_decrypt() failed

From the above URL:

8.8.4. Binary Installations

If your FreeBSD installation was a binary installation (e.g., installed
from the Walnut Creek CDROM, or from a snapshot downloaded from
ftp.FreeBSD.org) and you selected to install the crypto collection, then
the sysinstall utility will automatically select the correct version to
install during the installation process. If the international version was
selected but could not be installed during sysinstall (e.g. you have not
configured network access, and the version must be downloaded from a FTP
site) then you can add the international RSA library after installation as
a package.

The librsaintl package contains the RSA code for International (non-USA)
users. This is not legal for use in the USA, but international users
should use this version because the RSA implementation is faster and more
flexible. It is available from ftp.internat.FreeBSD.org and does not
require RSAREF.

---

In fact I think Jordan never wrote the code to select the international
crypto distribution, but the second paragraph is correct.

Kris