Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:21:03 -0800
From:      merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
To:        John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anybody got a T-mobile cellspot v2 to work with NAT'd firewall (IPFW)?

>>>>> "John" == John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org> writes:

John> I can see that it is getting an IP address from my DHCP server and
John> through tcpdump I see that it is talking to tmobile's servers--but
John> it just abruptly "stops" and I get no further traffic to/from the
John> device once I get to this point:

Often these errors are caused by MTUs that are too large.  Some net
providers don't permit the ICMPs that enable MTU discovery, so I've
routinely added things like setting the MTU to 1300 just to make it all
work.

<merlyn@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>;
Perl/Unix/Dart consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig