Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 1996 15:06:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        "Michael A. Urban" <mds@usa.nai.net>
Cc:        "'support@freebsd.org'" <support@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing the qpop-2.2 port ???

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Michael A. Urban wrote:

> I am having a problem installing the qpop-2.2 port from sysinstall.  I
thought I followed the instructions accurately but I am obviously missing
something or I have old documentation.  I am using the manual that was
distributed with the 2.1.5 release.  When I get to the point after
selecting the qpop package, the system prompts me to select OK to install
the package.  I press enter and it responds "Unable to find the selected
items on the selected media."  > I have tried selecting the cdrom or
/usr/ports after having mounted the ports collection. > I have even tried
creating the ports link and then using the make command outside of
sysinstall. > > No matter what I do, I get nowhere.  Please help, > thank
you, > > Michael A. Urban > Manager, Systems Engineering > Micro-Designs
Software Corporation

Try to keep your messages to 80 columns, so as to forestall formatting
monstrosities like the above.

What happens when you run make from the appropriate directory in ports?
Have you tried mounting the first CD-ROM and using pkg_add?

 Ben

The views expressed above are not those of the Worker's Compensation
Board of Queensland, Australia.