Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:36:04 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        gmarco@giovannelli.it
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ... instead of make world ?

On Sun, Nov 02, 1997 at 09:42:43AM +0000, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:
> What can I use when I'd like to update the system after a cvsup ? Have I
> to do a make world or there is a short way to compile and install the
> new files only ? is a simple make enough ?
> This because I think to do a make world weekly but update the system
> daily ...

After your cvs update, you can do a

  # make all install

This is what I do.  It works most of the time.  I've found that if
things fail, it's easier to go back and do a 'make world' rather than
try to figure out what's gone wrong.

This question is probably more appropriate for the -current mailing
list.  If you're not on that list, you should be.

Greg