Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 2021 12:39:58 +0000
From:      Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ethernet Interfaces problem

On 11/02/2021 02:34, 施一帆 wrote:
> hi everyone, I want to transfer from Synology to Freenas recently and I
> have a 10 Gigabit Ethernet,which the model is the intel x520 82599es. It is
> drive-free on Synology and works perfectly, so I want to know whether it
> can be driven and used normally on the latest Freenas(FreeNAS 12.2) or
> FreeNAS 11.2-U7 as it is on Synology.
> Thank you all.

Perhaps someone who has tried it can confirm, but I'd expect this to
work with the ixbge 82598 driver. The 82599 specifically retains
register compatibility with it.

Although Intel NICs are well supported by FreeBSD, most people seem to
prefer Chelsio for 10Gb. This may be for historic reasons, but I've
stuck with them.

Regards, Frank.