Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 08:24:10 -0400
From:      dtoth@front.net (Dean Toth)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   W.Creek FreeBSD

Hi;
        Just bought FreeBSD yesterday and nothing works (exageration).
Just want to know if is impossible to run on my hardware or not.
I have a Pent-120, IDE CD-ROM (I know), EIDE HD, and a VESA DPMS Monitor.
(Just in case DPMS: Display Power Managment Signaling)
Here goes:
1) FIPS errors. Says partition table is corrupt. (Defrag worked, so did
fdisk /status)
2) emm386 gets in the way. no problem take I took it out. If I still try to boot
   with out a floppy it just starts DOS all over again.
3) tried booting with floopy.  reads floppy, loads kernal then puts my
monitor in OFF mode.
   I get no video signal. If I force my monitor back on it looks like there
is a signal with
   no horizontal or vertical sync pulses.
4) boot -c. I can get into the config utility. resolve all conflics but as
soon as I exit
   it shuts my monitor off. I found the console driver, which seems to work
as I can see the
   config utility. But I can not see any other video or terminal drivers to
configure?

I am sorry to bother you but a short simple answere would be very much
appreciated before
I take the disks back. Unfortunetly for me I needed something to work with
right away.
Thank you for your time.
Dean Toth.