Date:      15 Feb 2000 01:07:05 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "Jerry Lei" <tylei@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: about fvwm

"Jerry Lei" <tylei@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi, after the xdm problem, now I have a question. How do I setup fvwm
> desktop for my FreeBSD. the installation guide doesn't say detailed
> enough about this topic. For example, the book says that using
> install-desktop, but this file is not executable and in the read-only
> media.
>
> Now I use startx to start a simple desktop. I have already pkg_add
> fvwm-2.2.2 and write a .xinitrc script like installation guide. But My
> FreeBSD will get into the situation like xdm -nodaemon& and asking me
> to choose a session. What exactly should I do to set up fvwm? Thanks.

When I wanted to setup my fvwm up, I copied Eric Raymonds' .fvwmrc and
edited the thing manually.  It's simpler than the examples that come
with fvwm's sources, for both fvwm and fvwm2.

Start looking for ESR's fvwmrc at http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/ and you'll
find it quickly.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >