Date:      Mon, 28 May 2007 14:50:30 +1200
From:      "James Butler" <sweetnavelorange@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   xfce4 + hal can't/won't mount cdrom

Hi Lists
I've just (Saturday) built a fresh -CURRENT with xorg-7.2, xfce-4.4.1_1 and
HAL support. When I insert any cd in the drive, I get the cd icon appearing
on the desktop or in Thunar, but trying to open it gives an error dialog:

Unable to mount "FreeBSD_Install":
Mount operation claims to be successfull [sic], but kernel doesn't list the
volume as mounted

Any ideas? I have googled around with little luck.

My rc.conf includes:
dbus_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"
polkitd_enable="YES"

My user is in group 'operator'. I can manually mount cds without problems.

I performed the steps suggested for HAL debugging in the freebsd-gnome FAQ,
the script session is available at
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~sweetnavelorange/hal_trouble.txt

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-James Butler