Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 1999 17:54:29 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Patch for Alpha/AXP

>> I am afraid this is not quite right.
>>
>> Bruce, Doug and I are currently in discussion to fix this.
>
>Hrm.  Why does the AXP cons.c track udev_t while the x86 verson
>doesn't?  As best as I can tell, the AXP doesn't seem to need it any
>more than the x86 does, unless I've missed something.

As dev_t is now a struct, we cannot track dev_t for SYSCTL.  It has to
be udev_t.  sys/i386/i386/cons.c should be doing the same as the alpha
version, rather than vice versa.

To quote Bruce: "alpha/alpha/cons.c should be identical with
i386/i386/cons.c and not in a machine-dependent place.  All current
differences are bugs" :-)

Kazu