Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2012 20:58:18 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting SD card.

On Wednesday 14 November 2012 19:43:30 Fernando Apestegu=EDa wrote:

> If I boot the system and plug the SD card in, the green led
> doesn't even switch on and there is only a /dev/da0 that I can not
> mount. If I boot the system with the card plugged in, the green led is
> on and there is a /dev/da0s1 device that I can't still mount because
> mount_msdosfs returns an Input/Output error after some time.

I think that's pretty much standard behaviour. The solution appears to be=20
to "wake" it up with the following incantation:

     dd if=3D/dev/null of=3D/dev/da0 count=3D0

That's what works here. See the thread starting with=20
<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2010-February/212109.=
html>

=2D-=20
Mike Clarke