Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:05:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <zaph0d@sparc.sweb.com>
To:        Thomas Stromberg <tstromberg@rtci.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, peter@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfilter no longer in -CURRENT, whats the direction? (off to ipfw?)

I also must agree for many tasks, IP filter proves superior than IPFW and
NATD for many things which I do.

It seems much more straightforward, more configurable, and also in many
respects more stable and reliable.

It would not bother me in the least if they simply yanked ipfw and natd
from the src tree, and included ipf/ipnat default (not in contrib).

If no one else desires to doso, i'd be happy to maintain whatever
communication or porting nessescary to keep it current and included in the
standard FreeBSD distribution.