Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 14:12:01 -0800
From:      berg@platsol.com (Michael Bergknoff)
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, joe.shevland@horizonti.com
Subject:   Re: Security exception

>These are stabs in the dark, but are you behind a firewall or using a proxy server, and/or are you experiencing DNS problems on
>your local network?

>Joe Shevland - Horizon Technologies International

No, in fact I've run the applet from a Solaris and Windows NT
machine on the same LAN. The applet is being loaded from the local file
system and not with a URL. It fails when connecting to a server
on the same side of my firewall. I also have a non-gui version of
my applet that I run with the "java" command and it connects to
the same server fine from the same FreeBSD system.

Thanks,
Mike