Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:36:09 -0500
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Y2K issue

Hi!

I do some Y2K testing for my employer, so I have run some of the Y2K
tests on FreeBSD too. In particular, this one:

ftp://ftp.rdg.opengroup.org/pub/unsupported/stdtools/y2k/

This directory contains two small tests for the data conversion functions,
getdate() and strptime(). Getdate() seems to not be supported in FreeBSD
at all, so it's not a Y2K issue although probably a POSIX conformance
issue. But strptime() fails. It is supposed to understand the 2-digit
year from 0 to 38 as years 2000 to 2038. But in fact in FreeBSD
3.0 snapshot from the May 1998 it sees all the years as belonging to
the 20th century.

If it's fixed in the latest release then sorry for false alarm.

I'm not subscribed to the list now so if you want to reply include please
my address as CC:.

-SB