Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:12:06 +0200
From:      Bart Smit <BartS@gecap.nl>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "'bit@dds.nl'" <bit@dds.nl>
Subject:   What exactly do I need to use an ET/5025 synchronous serial card?

Hello all,

For letting a FreeBSD router box talk PPP with my provider's Cisco (through
HDSL modems) I need a synchronous adapter. I'm thinking of buying the
ET/5025 1 port, 8 bit, ISA card (V.35), but I want to make sure that I
order everything I need.

Is there any additional software that I should get (purchase from Emerging
Technologies?) to make PPP work, or will I be fine with just the card (and
if I'm fine with just the card, does that mean that the card comes with the
software I need, that suppport is included in FreeBSD already, or that I
should get it elsewhere?)

Someone who has been there before please reply to my mail address
(bit@dds.nl) since I'm not on the list.

regards,

--
Bart Smit                           Phone: +31 71 5617670
System Administrator                  Fax: +31 71 5617484