Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:06:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        kline@thought.org
Cc:        tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de, kline@thought.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: build of teTeX stalled

 * > > This is the second time.  the first time install-info was
 * > > missing from /usr/bin.   I put it in by hand.
 * >
 * > Which FreeBSD version are you using? install-info is installed by
 * > default in 2.2.x.
 *
 *
 * 	I'm at 2.2.0.  (Planned move to 2.2.5 by 01 dec 97.)

Please see the "ports" web page and grab the upgrade kit.  It contains
install-info and other goodies you may need.

 * This is Info file dvips.info, produced by Makeinfo-1.55 from the input
 * file dvips.texi.

My guess is that your makeinfo is old too.  (That's part of the kit.)

Satoshi