Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:36:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        dr@kyx.net
Cc:        tcpdump-workers@tcpdump.org, ethereal-dev@ethereal.com, snort-devel@lists.sourceforge.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, tech@openbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: kyxtech: freebsd outsniffed by wintendo !!?!?

On  7 Dec, Dragos Ruiu wrote:

> (Hurm.... Wintendo outperforming unix???!??  Something's
>  improper about this, and it ought to be fixed...  :-)
>  Comments?  Other OS numbers: more recent
>  FreeBSD versions? Solaris? Tru64? Optimization
>  patches? Can those OO MSDN lobotomies actually
>  be good things? Hurm... The Italian gauntlet has
>  been thrown down....   --dr :-)
>
> url: http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/winpcap/docs/performance.htm

I'm not sure if we could find someone of this caliber to
run the test again. For once I must agree with Mike Smith ;-)

Clearly the page:

http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/winpcap/

says, "partially sponsored by MicroSoft Research".

IMHO, it bait -- bad bait at that. IMO, M$ has found
some hole in the FreeBSD kernel and is intending to expose it.
Although I suspect the hole's been cleaned up by now by core.

If Terry Lambert can chimes in, I know we might get some
real answers. I'm not convinced by this M$ agent.

				Jessem.