Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 1995 15:57:53 +0000 ()
From:      Sergio Lenzi <lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   INGRES

Helo,

There is an INGRES distribution in my WWW!

It is an source and binary dist.

I have recoded various parts of the system and is now
bug free (I hope). The equel processor now has "context sensitivity"
(now you can define a variable name more than once in the code).

It is imcompatible from the original version in the database files
(beware to export your dbs before installing it).

It can detect the enviroment (machine) you are compiling in
from a file calc.c in the directory source/conf/h.
the makefile (gnumake) builds the correct include files
based on the calculations of word size and struct padding.

The system installs on /usr/ingres......

The more, mail me.....
Lenzi.