Date:      Thu,  2 Jan 2003 12:09:02 -0800
From:      eculp@encontacto.net
To:        Eric Hodel <drbrain@segment7.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

Quoting Eric Hodel <drbrain@segment7.net>:

 | eculp@encontacto.net (eculp@encontacto.net) wrote:
 |
 | > Since sometime around Christmas I noticed that sound no longer worked
 | > wiith my new kernels from new worlds.  I can go back to a pre-Christmas
 | > kernel and it works fine.  I thought I might have done something or that
 | > it would work itself out.  I haven't found what I might have done wrong
 | > and it hasn't worked itself out so I wonder if there is anyone else having
 | > issues with maestro3 or similar sound problems?  Are there any ideas for
 | > what I might do to get it working again?
 | >
 | > Then trying to play an mp3 I get
 | > pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
 |
 | I get this on -STABLE if I'm playing an mp3, suspend the laptop, then
 | resume it.  If I kill and restart mpg123, it starts playing fine again.
 | I think it has an es1868 in it.
 Eric,

Thanks.  I'm running Current as of cvsup-ed as of a 90 minutes ago.  I also have
a new kernel, clean libraries, includes and system binaries.  With an old -
December 20 kernel - I can play anything that I've tried.  With kernel's since
about December 26 or 27, I can't.  I noticed it first while testing mplayer
with quicktime.  I was getting a hang with any video that had audio, without
audio it worked great.  Then I started trying mp3, au, etc.

Thanks, again for you observations and help,

ed