Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 01:15:12 -0500
From:      "Singh, Hardeep              IN" <singhh@delpo1.in.unisys.com>
To:        "'freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems During Installation of FreeBSD through FTP

Sir,
 I am Hardeep Singh from NEPZ,Noida INDIA. I am very Keen to install
Freebsd from NET(via FTP). I had been continiously  trying to install it
over the net.In process i could reache the point of creating floopy
only.Thereafter i had tried numereous times but i have failed everytime.
At last i have thought of asking you for help.
  I am able to complete the configuration section and partion the drive
and create directories(Swap space, / ,   /usr  ,   /var   e.t.c.I am
trying to install 2.2.6 version of FreeBSD). Thereafter it says
Logging on to the specified site.
 	In the debug mode i find everything fine untill the message
appears
"Can not change to 2.2.6-RELEASE directory.Pls select another server.
I have tried so many of them as given in the list but each one returns
the same status.In fact when i explicitly do ftp to that particular site
using ftp or anonymous as login I am very well able to see the
directories e.t.c and browse through them. Please suggest me the
appropriate solution at the earliest.
It has really taken a toll of me for past one week. Please also suggest
if there could be some subscription related problem involved e.t.c and
help me out in it, if possible.Is there any simulation tutorial
available which is available on net.
Hoiping for a favourable reply.

Regards,
Hardeep Singh