Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2017 09:25:07 -0800
From:      David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection and FreeBSD

On 02/19/17 06:22, Mike wrote:
 > On 2/18/2017 10:02 PM, David Christensen wrote:
 >> freebsd-questions:
 >> [snip]
 >> The Intel 3945ABG adapter appears to be compatible with my laptop
and to
 >> be supported by FreeBSD:
 >> [snip]
 >> Does anyone have a laptop with this adapter?  Does it work with
FreeBSD 11?

 > The FreeBSD hardware compatibility list:
 > https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.0R/hardware.html#wlan
 >
 > shows:
 >
 > [i386, amd64] Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG MiniPCI network adapters
 > (wpi(4) driver)
 >

 > Man page for wpi(4):

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=wpi&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+11.0-RELEASE&arch=default&format=html

Thanks for the links.

On 02/19/17 06:31, Mike wrote:
> I checked a laptop that I have running FreeBSD 11:
>
> From the dmesg:
>
> wpi0: <Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG> mem 0xefdff000-0xefdfffff irq 17
> at device 0.0 on pci1
>
> It's been running since FreeBSD 11.0 was released, without any issues.
> However, it is a very low usage laptop.

Are you running a graphical desktop?  If so, which one?  Does it provide
a wireless networking GUI manager?  If so, does it work correctly with
the Intel 3945ABG?

David