Date:      Tue, 08 Feb 2000 23:20:54 -0500
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   rpc.lockd... is done.

Amitha (the person who has been working on the lockd code) has finished
most of his work.  There are still some issues with handling async locks
and cancel messages.  Also we were not able to implement the full NLM
protocol as the FreeBSD kernel does not currently request NFS locks (we
should fix that ASAP).  This code is *ALPHA*.  Even we will not be running it
on production servers in the near future.

PS: the tarball is at
"http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd/FreeBSD/lockd-20000208.tar.gz"

PPS: I would like to set this up in CVS for everyone's ease, could someone
please tell em how to do this, and to make it available via cvsup?  (We
already have a complete FreeBSD cvsup mirror at cvsup.cs.rpi.edu, this
would just be another "module", right?
--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Acting Lab Director                       | NYSLP: FREEBSD