Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:23:12 -0400
From:      Jim <jameso@elwood.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with FreeBSD USB sub system and Espon 636U? (Was: Re: [sane-devel] Problems with Epson 636U)

Mr. Kremer has been helping me out with this problem concerning Sane.
After looking at some of the details of this problem, he feels that it
may be a bug in FreeBSD's USB subsystem.

Has anyone seen a issue like this before? I have included the
discussion that Mr. Kremer and I have been having below. If there is
any other information that may be helpfull in tracking this problem
down, please let me know and I will provide it.

Thanks for any help, pointers, hits, etc.

Jim

On Monday, September 10th, Karl Heinz Kremer said...
: It looks like the communication between the scanner and
: the backend fails
: right in the middle of setting up the scan operation.
: The backend successfully
: sends a receives quite a bit of data before it stops. I
: suspect that this is
: a problem with the USB sub-system. As I said before, I
: have no experience with
: xxxxBSD systems. Is there any web site that has
: configuration information for
: Sane under BSD?
:
: Karl Heinz
:
: On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 03:56:18AM +0100, James O'Test