Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:52:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        paulj@webtic.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:Compaq SMART on 3.1

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Jongsma <paulj@ns.web-tic.com> writes:

 Paul> Is anyone using the IDA driver for the Compaq SMART array controller
 Paul> on 3.1-RELEASE? The drivers at http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~md/ida
 Paul> compile fine and the installation is succesfull. However copying
 Paul> any file of >100 Kb or so gives a kernel panic.

I'm using it on -current. It works great. The machine is an old Compaq
ProLiant 2000 (IIRC). I run make worlds on it every day.

Is yours an EISA machine? I know I had to put in a couple of minor
hacks to get mine to work probe correctly (but that doesn't sound like
what you are experiencing).

 Paul> Thanks,
 Paul> Paul.

Viren