Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:30:46 -0400
From:      Jules Gilbert <jules.stocks@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pthread usage

Dear <ManyPeople>:

I have blades, all running FreeBSD, (version 6.1)  And these machines
have to communicate, one with another.

I need help making pthread work, as I need to enqueue and dequeue
logical resource names, so that I can lock and unlock events and
physical resources.

Does anyone have examples of pthread code that is known to work under
FreeBSD 6.1?

I have several different problems, but most can be stated as having
to defer execution of one job until one or more other jobs have
concluded.

I have tried using "clusterit".  The key component doesn't work,
sigh...  I don't know whether the problem is the ClusterIt code or
FreeBSD, either.

So, please help...  Otherwise, I shall have to take a month and
migrate away -- not something I want to do at all!

--jg