Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 2008 15:46:38 -0400
From:      Fred Woods <fred@comment.icecreamhasnobones.org>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Sound on Dell Inspiron 1525

On Sat 08/09/06 05:59 , Alexander Motin mav@FreeBSD.org sent:
> Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> > Alexander Motin wrote:
> >> Hi.

> may be an interesting>>>> case to investigate.

> >> I have asked verbose logs, but this is normal.
> Add>> boot_verbose=3D"YES"
> >> to your loader.conf or select it from the boot
> menu. All I can see now >> is that your pcm0/dsp0 device is not from your
> most featured codec.>=20
> > My apologies.  Here it is.
>=20
> Looks good.
>=20
> Your first codec is a modem and it is not supported.
> Second codec presents:
> pcm0 - digital connector playback (SPDIF or HDMI).
> Third codec presents:
> pcm1 - Speaker/Headphones playback with Headphones jack detection and=20
> Speaker auto mute, recording from internal or external mics,
> pcm2 - Line-out connector playback,

any chance pcm2 is the cdrw+dvd device?
There is no lineout jack, just 2 (black) headphone
jacks on the front. 1 has auto detect, other does not.
Think the headphone jacks are a quad (complex) setup.
External mic jack (black) is also on the front pannel.

If pcm2 is the cd/dvd, does the snd_hda driver support
a method for routing between codecs?

Does the mixer interface support a method for
accessing the mute widgets?

Reloading FreeBSD on the machine now, will try
latest patch soon.