Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 21:49:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sell me a break!

Hey, new problems!

I guess things aren't going too bad...I've helped [maybe] one guy towards
getting X working, and have unsuccessfully talked Ken through his woes,
now it's my turn again!  Grrrr...

Today's lesson is installing Win95.  Pccardd was happily probing and
finding my Megahertz and my 3C589D until I installed Win95 on the other
partition today.  I notice two things...

 1.  If I'm in windows, then do a warm reboot to FreeBSD, pccardd can't
     get the names of the cards anymore.  They come up nulls, e.g. "".
     I have to do a cold reboot (shut the power off) to solve this.  At
     least that's all I've come up with that works, I tried restarting
     pccardd and even warm-rebooting FreeBSD and that didn't seem to help.
     (Also removed the cards a couple times.)

 2.  Now Mr. Megahertz doesn't allocate anymore.  I was using IRQ 10, but
     I notice Win95 sucessfully uses IRQ 3.  I *don't* know if there is in
     fact a cause-effect relationship here...but it's not working anymore.
     I tried assigning IRQ 3 to the modem, and that doesn't seem to fix
     it.

I'm taking notes.  Eventually we'll have a heckuva FAQ!

Regards,

Brian