Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:57:29 +0200
From:      Adam Zaleski <talk@holon.urwis.cc>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Python + cx_Oracle

Hello,

Lately i have installed linux Oracle instant_client with sqlplus
and sdk packages. I have configured it properly and it works fine
right now. Now I'am having trouble to compile cx_Oracle python
module.. My Python use FreeBSD system libraries but cx_Oracle
need to use libraries from linux Instant Client.

I think that I need to install another version of Python that will be
compiled with Linux libraries and will be running from Linux
emulation. But how to compile that will be running  from Linux
ABI?

Maybe someone have an issue with Python + cx_Oracle module running under
FreeBSD

greetings