Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 21:13:51 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        tim@futuresouth.com (Tim Tsai)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: performance (was: 100 Mb/s cards)

As Tim Tsai wrote:

> > It's standard since 2.2-970223-GAMMA.
>
>   Hmmm, I am running 2.2-970225-GAMMA.  At least the media autodetection
> does not work.  I didn't try -link2 though as I had just assumed the -AC
> wasn't supported because it automatically enabled 100baseTX when I am
> still running 10baseT.

Media autodetection is probably still broken, but the 21140A(C?) should
at least be detected now.

The problem with media detection is that the three link flags are
insufficient to express all combinations.  That's Matt's biggest
problem with the driver, and if i'm not mistaken, this caused him to
restructure the newer version of the driver (which can be found in the
NetBSD tree, but is according to Matt too buggy to use them).

--
cheers, J"org