Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:04:02 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Stephen Hurd <shurd@sasktel.net>
Cc:        John Murphy <fbsd32@freeode.co.uk>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LinuxBSDos.com article

Stephen Hurd <shurd@sasktel.net> writes:
> John Murphy <fbsd32@freeode.co.uk> writes:
> > Jayton Garnett <jayton.garnett@gmail.com> writes:
> > > FreeBSD is more of a What-ever-you-want distro, ...
> > What-ever-you-want-except-midi distro. Or has that changed now?
> You mean driving MIDI hardware or the ability to play MIDI files?

The former.  It's ancient FreeBSD history: our current audio framework
did not initially support MIDI, while the one it replaced did.  There
was much bad blood at the time between supporters of the old framework
(people who used MIDI) and supporters of the new framework (everybody
else).

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no