Date:      Tue, 20 May 2008 10:52:45 -0400
From:      David Banning <david+dated+1211727165.a25df2@skytracker.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup executed from crontab

I am using cvsup for backup, so I control both the client and the server.

Works fine everytime stand-alone, but when I execute via crontab it
appears to stall - then restart. Eventually there is so many copies of
cvsup running at the same time it starts to bog down the client.

I noticed in the man page there is the "-d 0" or "-1" option. Not sure if
that will fix it - I just can't figure out why it works OK when executed
manually as simply eg. "cvsup supfile" but stalls and starts anew when
executed via crontab.