Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:32:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        ajetha@visgen.com (Alykhan Jetha)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, ajetha@visgen.com
Subject:   Re: Adaptec Support

Alykhan Jetha wrote:
> I'm about to give FreeBSD a shot, from my research so far, it looks like I'm headed in the right direction with this OS!
>
> I was looking at your hardware compatibility list and found that the Adapted 2940U SCSI adapter is supported. I did not see a mention of the 2940UW (Ultra Wide), which is what I have. I don't think it should be a problem, but I just wanted to check with
>
>  one of you. From what I understand of adapters and such, the 2940U driver should allow the 2940UW to perform at full capacity, is this true?

I am using the on-board equivalent of the 2940UW (AIC-7880) with good
performance and no problems, on 2.2.6-RELEASE.  The Ultra-2 Adaptecs
are not yet supported in -RELEASE, but the 2940UW /is/.

Dave
--
http://www.microsoft.com/security: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most
                  secure network operating system available.'