Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:59:18 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL problem : missing socket ?

I have installed MySql 322-2.24 from the ports collection. But it doesn't
create the /tmp/mysql.sock.
It runs because I can connect (xmysql) to it by host ip address and I see
the two databases it come with, but the socket is not there ... I need it,
because I have to use a product that interfaces to mysql trough it.

Any hints ?
I tried to explicit define it in configure args, but the socket doesn't
come out...

CONFIGURE_ARGS=	--with-unix-socket-path=/tmp/mysql.sock \
[...]

Any help/hints/tips/ is gladly accepted ...

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it