Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 2003 06:21:16 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Antivirus for (mailservers on) FreeBSD

At 09.00 13/06/2003 -0400, Bill Moran wrote:

>>>I really like Sophos.  McAffee also did a deal with Whistle/IBM
>>>at one point, for doing this on the InterJet.  I don't know if
>>>they ever completed the code, or what happened with that.
>>I am not looking for a simple antivirus but a very quick and fast, if
>>possible,  product specified for mailservers.
>
>Sophos products do this.

mailmonitor ? otherwhise sweep is a general tool, not a one designed to be
used directly by a mailserver.

>>Sophos should use amavis, which usually loose some msg (you have to
>>re-queue from time to time) :-).
>
>I have never seen this.  Been running Amavis for over a year and never
>had a complaint of lost messages.

If you use amavis-perl and you check your /var/spool/mqueue (not
/var/spool/mqamavis) you should find it plenty of msgs. Otherwhise I have
to suppose that a lot of others persons like me have wrong configurations
elsewhere...
Btw I don't want to criticize amavis which is IMHO a very good alternative ...