Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:02:50 -0400
From:      "FreeBSD Ports" <ml.freebsd.ports2@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Failure building Vim dependancies

# uname -a
FreeBSD hr-stc-itlab3.virginiadot.org 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE
#0: Tue Sep 25 13:26:00 EDT 2007
toor@hr-stc-itlab3.virginiadot.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HR-STC-ITLAB3
i386

My ports tree was updated September 24, 2007; all installed ports are
up-to-date as of this date.

I'm trying to install the latest version of Vim via portupgrade-devel
2.3.1.  I'm using the command 'portinstall --use-packages vim'.  The
build seems to go well, and then--on a seemingly random port--a build
will fail and the installation process will exit.  Each time that I've
looked, the failure occurred when the port's configure script was
looking for some dependency.  For example, when libXres was beginning
it's install, it went looking for resourceproto, couldn't find it, and
then bombed out.  It did the same thing when configuring libXTrap; the
configure script bombed out when looking for trapproto.  Here's the
funny thing.  If, without doing anything else, I rerun portinstall,
the installation will continue and install another half dozen or so
ports before failing again in a similar fashion.

What's going on here?

Kevin