Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 19:44:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Cameron Elliott <cam@elliott.net>
Cc:        "multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG" <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Matrox Meteor or Wincast/TV/PCI??

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Cameron Elliott wrote:

> I apologize for splitting this into two messages.

No problem, it's exactly what you should do.

> I guess the primary question would be,
> with optimal performance in mind,
> should I purchase the Meteor or a Wincast/PCI?
> or even an Intel or other Bt848 based card.

The Bt848 based stuff is much newer and the Meteor can be hard to get a
hold of in some places.

If you already have a video card, there's no sense replacing it.  The
Bt848 runs alongside your existing card, overlaying video through it's
framebuffer.

They're also cheap, checking in at less than $150, and that's the tuner
models.

(someone correct me if the meteor is also an overlay card like the Bt.
I've not worked with the Metors yet.)