Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 02:21:45 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: brooktree driver problems??

Whats your CPU &  PCI chipset ??

Well, I get :
time ./videocapture
 micro seconds 5114
0.000u 0.012s 0:06.12 0.1%      0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w

I added the following to program:

	gettimeofday(&start, NULL);

	  c = METEOR_CAP_SINGLE;
	  ioctl(bt848, METEORCAPTUR, &c);
	  while (frames < (FRAMES)) {
	    ioctl(bt848, METEORCAPTUR, &c);
	    do_write();
	  };

	gettimeofday(&now, NULL);
	usec = 1000 * (now.tv_sec - start.tv_sec)
			+ (now.tv_usec / 1000  - start.tv_usec / 1000);
	printf(" micro seconds %d \n", usec);

You do have a sleep in your program??

Because the code segment which you mailed didn't
have it.

"
	sleep(1); /* Let the unit settled down -- very important
                     and this only needed when a video input or
                     video format is specified */

"

	Cheers

--