Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:50:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiroshi KATO <hiro@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/10724: editors/mule incorrect arch-dependent data dir

The following reply was made to PR ports/10724; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hiroshi KATO <hiro@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
To: asami@freebsd.org
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 06:44:12 +0900

     >>  * If we simply remove the CONFIGURE_TARGET in
     >> mule-common/Makefile, * the EMACS_ARCH in mule-common/pkg/PLIST
     >> will be substituted for empty * string.

     >> I don't think so.  It should be substituted with the default
     >> value of CONFIGURE_TARGET.  (Remember, make usually evaluates
     >> variables lazily.)

 I don't mind if you fix mule-common/Makefile instead, as long as
 the %%EMACS_ARCH%% in mule-common/pkg/PLIST and the CONFIGURE_TARGET
 in both mule{,-common} ports are kept in sync.

 Actually I prefer removing the definition of CONFIGURE_TARGET in
 mule-common/Makefile. But mule-common port generated wrong TMPPLIST
 when I removed the following line from mule-common/Makefile. Maybe I am
 doing something wrong.

 CONFIGURE_TARGET=       ${MACHINE_ARCH}--freebsd

 So could you please fix mule-common/Makefile if my patch in PR
 ports/10724 is unacceptable?

 # Would that there were a standard PLIST_SUB variable defined in
 # <bsd.port.mk> suitable for this kind of PLIST substitution other
 # than for perl.

 --
 Hiroshi KATO	hiro@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp