Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:39:10 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA Questions

>> > 4.  Shutdown questions:
>> >
>> >     a.  When init goes to single user, prompts, asking for a shell.
>> >         You press ENTER and it sits on ``(.???msg - Cannot exactly
>> >         remember) not found''
>> >         ^C will get you a prompt, most of the time.  Sometimes you get
>> >         a fast roll talking about some malloc() failure.  Sometimes a
>> >         ^C will stop it, sometimes it will not.
>>
>> David Greenman has been the only one by now who also reported such a
>> behaviour.
>
>So now there is a confirmation...

   Actually, no, the problem I had was when rebooting, and the symptom there
is an apparantly messed up baud rate for a short while (I'm using a serial
console). The problem above sounds like something more serious...and not one
that I've seen. It might be an indication of a hardware problem.

-DG

David Greenman