Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 1998 18:31:43 +1000 (EST)
From:      bsd <bsd@smmcroute.smmc.qld.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   user ppp ondemand/routing hassle

Hi all,
I have a newly insalled 2.2.5 on my machine(pentium power!)...works fine
I can set up ppp for dynamicip (hey I'm writing on it!)
but followed all the confs from my old 2.2.2 system (486 sx 33)
	rc.conf  It is a name server gateway machine!
	resolv.conf
	hosts
	start_if.tun0
	ppp.conf
	ppp.linkup (empty)
	ppp.secret
	(I think thats it!)
Dials up to my semi-permanent ISP modem fine
No goey-outey from my box though!
Thought it was ppp.linkup doing a delete all....nope!
Looked & looked can't see the hassle.
Is there something about 2.2.5 I don't know about????
Hope you can help
P.S. even tried re-installs...no go.
Keith spencer townsville OZ