Date:      Wed, 09 Jun 1999 15:29:35 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building the xview port with Xig XAccel

Steve, and ports

I have worked out why my machine was producing
libxview.so.3.2 whereas everyone else produces libxview.so.3
and subsequently libxview.so.3.2 NOT showing up in ldconfig)

I run XiG's Multi-Head Accelerated X version 4.1.1
(an old aout X server)

Even though my X server is aout, I can compile, link and run
ELF binaries on my machine. I just had to use the ELF X libraries
from XFree 86.

My problem was that I was using XiG's config files in
  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config

I replaced them all with the equivalent files from XFree86 3.3.3.1
and copied image and gnumakedep from the XFree86 3.3.3.1 bin
directoty.

And it works. It now creates libxview.so.3

Bye
Roger